1. Prepare bulgur
Soak: Cover 1 cup uncooked bulgur with 2 cups boiling water and soak for 7 minutes. Drain and rinse.
Cook: Put 3 cups water in a pot, bring to a boil. Add bulgur and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover, let stand for 4 minutes. Drain excess water.
2. Seed and roughly chop tomatoes.
3. Chop parsley, mint, and green onions
4. In a large bowl, combine bulgur, parsley, mint, tomatoes, and onion.
5. In a small bowl whisk lemon juice and olive oil together.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Gradually add the dressing to the bulgur mixture. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe is part of our Winter Cooking Program. In our Tabbouleh lessons we: discuss the connections to Middle Eastern cuisine, focus on Bulgar wheat as a staple grain and its heritage, and talk about the many fresh ingredients in this delicious salad.
Main ingredients: lemon, mint, onion, parsley, tomatoes, wheat